Friday 16 August 2013

Winsor and Newton Impossible to open Bottles

I have been in contact with Winsor and Newton re the Artisan water mixable oil paint mediums bottles with 'childproof', and for 'childproof' read 'human proof', lids. People in my classes have hacked or carved off the lids and had to decant the product into a more usable container. What a waste of time, and of product too of course. I didn't get much joy from W and N, two out of office replies only, but Jacksons, my favourite catalogue company stirred them up a bit. Anyway the upshot is that Marla Morrison,     ustechhelp@winsornewton.com    will give you a replacement if you contact her, or she says that if you return the bottle to the place where purchased it will be replaced. There was an 'issue' with the tops, now cured she says, and if you look for a five digit horizontal code in small writing on the back of the bottle the new and supposedly openable caps it needs to end in 25, so its worth checking that whenever you buy these bottles.

3 comments:

  1. I just checked my W&N bottles (also bought from Jacksons) and they end in 25 - and all have impossible to open bottles. I can only open if I use a flat head screwdriver to remove the outer lid, or a large set of pliers. W&N have got no clue - there biggest market is older people who just MIGHT have problems with gripping - and these bottle tops are just stupid. No more for me, I'm going to try other brands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have these really old paints because they belonged to my great grandma and I physically can't open them if I try it hurts like hell but I'm too afraid to cut them open.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to get another one of the 2.5oz W&N linseed oil bottles because the first one ended up leaking because i removed a part of the cap. (Which worked out when i did it for a liquin bottle) still struggling to open the new one!

    ReplyDelete