Friday 4 July 2014

Natural Surroundings or the Wildflower Centre at Bayfield Hall, Holt.

...our Summer School went well, as always, and it is interesting that you never quite know what will come out of an experience, and on this occasion one of the things that came out of it was a sort of  water colour workshop because though the first day was gloriously warm and sunny and everyone got on well outside,
a view from the river up to the trees behind Bayfield Hall
the second day rained lightly, and then it rained a bit more so we were driven to work in the Chalet and it was technique which people were interested in investigating, so that is what we did.

So this all made me think that a WATERCOLOUR WORKSHOP BASED AT THE SAME VENUE COULD PROVE ENJOYABLE AND VERY USEFUL FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO LOVE LANDSCAPE. Therefore I have arranged it for September 9th, 10th, 11th, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. The Schools will have started term so there are unlikely to be children about, and our term starts the following week so really this seemed to me to be the best time.
I will include techniques I think helpful, some based on Chinese Brush painting plus use of gouache and ink in conjunction with watercolour. As you know I am always looking for a less hackneyed and fresh way of working, I like to get away from cliché, and experiment. Remember we don't (I don't anyway) want to add to the huge pile of boring paintings which already exist in the world!
I will give you all details of this Summer School during the week. Times will be 10-4, cost £85, the plan will be studio practise and learning then outside to put new skills into action. There is a good cafe, loo and undercover working space.

No comments:

Post a Comment