Monday 15 February 2021

Monday Challenge.....


I have been really excited by the dynamic and strong images you have sent in! 

This week I suggest a landscape idea, but with the inclusion of a roadway or path. As soon as you add this you imply a sense of direction, and perhaps mystery. Your eyes are tempted to follow the strong line, or triangle shape of the path or road into the distance. Is something about to happen? Will someone appear coming towards you?

You can conjure up atmosphere by altering the amount of sky versus land, by how much you emphasize the path, or by experimenting with colour.

Quick ten minute paintings again I hope, ink, scribbles, water colour or whatever.

I include some of my photos, probably not to copy but to suggest starting points. I expect you have some of your own.

And I hope you might keep the snowdrops or flowers on the go too because many artists have tried to capture the idea of time passing.....  










good luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment