Sunday 21 February 2021

MONDAY CHALLENGE........

Time for some colour, I think.

Here is a photo of some leaves. They are just what I have gathered in my garden today. I have put them here just so you can see what a variety there is once you start to look, and I have spread them out so you can see the patterns they have. I suggest you collect some, and experiment with using them to print with. Watercolour or acrylic paint. You will need to experiment because you never quite know which ones will work best. You need to try out different dilutions of paint. And place layer over layer if you want. Feathers work well too.

I suggest you think about using harmonising colours, with just a little of the complementary colour to add verve and vitality. Try using different coloured paper.

Just enjoy the textures and effects you create. You can cut up your paintings for cards later, choosing the best bits. (I have borrowed this idea from Sheila. Have a look at her 'all over' leaf pattern from a couple of weeks ago)

Or you could try to place a focal point (asymetrically obviously) in your design to attract your viewer's eye. 











........you could even construct a fantasy landscape..........

..have fun.......

No comments:

Post a Comment